Saweetie Drops New Song "Nani" and Opens Up About Struggles Before Fame

Saweetie Drops New Song "Nani" and Opens Up About Struggles Before Fame


Saweetie has officially released her highly anticipated song "Nani," shedding light on her life before achieving fame. The Los Angeles rapper introduced the new track on Friday, following months of previews that received enthusiastic feedback from fans, prompting her label to take notice. Despite previously voicing frustration over her label's lack of support, Saweetie finally got the green light and budget to launch "Nani," a lively summer anthem with an equally vibrant music video.

The video features Saweetie and her friends showcasing their summer-ready bodies in bikinis. Saweetie raps by the pool, flaunting her neon bikini, pink hair, and matching nails. She shared her excitement with fans on X, saying, "Happy release day for ‘Nani’! I just want to give a special thank you to everybody who has been anticipating and supporting it. I hope you guys like the video.”

In addition to her new release, Saweetie has been candid about her pre-fame struggles. In an interview with Power 106 in Los Angeles, she revealed the challenges she faced after graduating from college. "I remember I was too proud to tell my friends and family that I had nowhere to stay," she said. "I was literally couch surfing, but it was cool because people always wanted me around. I didn’t have to worry about having a place to stay."

Saweetie further explained, “My homegirls knew what was going on, but I never wanted to take up space in someone’s house. So I would keep my closet in my car.”

She also spoke about the internal conflict she experienced between pursuing a full-time job after college and focusing on her music career. Ultimately, she decided to fully commit to music, and the rest is history.

Recently, Saweetie has been in the headlines for reasons beyond her music. She was drawn into the ongoing feud between Chris Brown and Quavo. In a diss track aimed at the Atlanta rapper, who is Saweetie's ex-boyfriend, Chris Brown claimed he had an affair with her while they were still dating. Although Saweetie did not deny the allegation, she did share a screenshot of a message from Quavo, which she left unread.

With the release of "Nani" and her openness about her past struggles, Saweetie continues to solidify her place in the music industry while maintaining a genuine connection with her fans.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post